Wednesday 29 September 2010

J'aime

So I got back from beautiful St Tropez last week after a crazy weekend away!
It literally gets better every time I go and never fails to inspire me.

Unfortunately this time there wasn't enough time to go and see any exhibitions although I did visit the Saturday morning market (a favourite) in the old town but would have loved to go to the Brigitte Bardot tribute exhibition.


Bardot is known for 'discovering' St Tropez after making it her home town in 1958 & is said to be the most iconic actress/model of her time with a career consisting of approx. 50 films and over 80 songs.
In the early 70's she announced her retirement and became a devoted animal activist and has been in a fair bit of trouble since.


Below are some photographs I took back in 2007 when I drove around the Cote d'Azur & Provence for a college project which I frequently look to for inspiration:







Influenced by photographers such as Brassai & Henri Cartier Bresson.



1 comment: